Gedney Foods has been filling the needs of the food industry for more than 120 years. Our technical expertise in product and process development can take new products from inception to market in considerably less time than the industry average. Because of our glass and plastic container packing flexibility, and our wide range of container sizes, Gedney Foods is the ideal choice for manufacturers in need of cold-fill, hot-fill and product pasteurization.
- Any type of pickled vegetable – cucumbers, peppers, cauliflower, onions, relishes, etc., and combinations of these
- Condiments – mayonnaise, pourable salad dressings, mustards, horseradish
- All types of salsas, catsup, BBQ sauces, hot sauces, cooking sauces and toppings
- Products can vary in viscosity from thin to very heavy, and can be smooth or contain large ingredients
- Glass and plastic containers – including squeeze bottles
- Round or flat containers in sizes ranging from 8 fl. oz. to 128 fl. oz., or metric sizes from 250 ml to 4 liters
- Container sizes ranging from 2 gallons up to 300 gallons for food service and industrial customers
Hot-fill and cool-fill products are NOT batch cooked. Our closed system plate and scrape surface heat exchangers take products from ambient temperature to up to 200º F and back to ambient in 30 seconds. This cooking method allows the retention of natural colors (especially reds) and preserves delicate flavors which are often lost in other less sophisticated cooking processes. The shelf life of these continuously cooked products are far longer than any batch cooked products.
For more information, call your Gedney Foods Representative at 952-448-2612 or toll free 1-888-244-0653